Sunday, February 14, 2010

sleepy sunday satisfaction....

This week, after Wednesday, has just blissfully mellowed out!  Oh it has been such a treat!

I haven't blogged so much because I really haven't had a whole lot to say! It's been that kind of week.....

Really Quite Lovely.  

Thursday I spent studying and then headed to class at 1700.  Afterward, Leta was down to hang out so we headed to Raven around 2030.  Two very special women, Gwendolyn & Genai were celebrating birthdays out and about.  Leta and I were invited to dine with them, and it was delightful! Gwendolyn is a light, a beaming light of dimpled darlingness.  She is thoughtful, considerate, and kind.  Genai is a force of femininity.  She is a powerhouse of healing and joy expressed.  It was so fun to celebrate their respective birthdays!
  
After Raven, we headed to Sundance's to dance to DJ Wordthieves' Throwback Night. (He's done away with the 80's and is now playing 70's, 80's & 90's---great music! and hilarious to dance to Sublime after 13 years!!)  The dancing was so fun!  I haven't danced at Sundance's since my birthday so it felt very novel and wonderful.  

I had a nagging fear I was going to see the ex ex.  Ugh.  Frigging Fear.  I swear.  If I let the fear that wells up from my hurt ego and tries to run my life, actually run my life, I would be a blob of nothingness.  I didn't see the ex ex.  I haven't seen him for a long time!  I wish I wouldn't be so afraid of him.......Despite my fear, I still danced and had a great time! It was absolutely needed to move my body with my dear friend Leta and shake off the stress of the past few weeks!  

Friday was great.  I had Owen for a couple hours in the morning, went to a meeting, then had the Love girls for a few hours in the afternoon.  The ladies all met for dinner at Maya at 1800.  What a terrific group! Kate, Leta, Dani, Shanti, JJ & me.  It was amazing.  The food was phenomenal, as always, and the conversation was supportive, loving and laughter-filled.  After dinner, we headed to the Raven for more female fellowship, and my needs for companionship and love have been filled for the now.  

Yesterday was another notch of mellow.  I woke up and went to my favorite meeting.  It's a Friends of Lois book study.  It's not a traditional meeting, more like a group of us recovery folks getting together to talk about God, read from Twelve Steps & Twelve Traditions, and receive fellowship from each other.  I love this meeting! It's funny:  I don't make it but maybe twice a month, and when I do, I feel I am sustained for days.  After the meeting, I had an amazing run at the gym.  I'm running longer and faster!  It is awesome!  

After my run, I participated in more super mellow.  I finished a second book in the Mommy-Track Mystery series by Ayelet Waldman.  I think she's superb but probably won't be reading any more in this series.  It just didn't do it for me this time around.  I started, for the second time, The Mysteries of Pittsburg by Michael Chabon, and am loving it so far.  

Last night, I had Iyla, Finnley & Kira for a super fun play date.  These kiddos are so special to me, and we laughed and had such a fun time.  Kira received the book Free to Be You & Me for her birthday and before bed we spent a good while reading fun stories and singing songs from this special book.  I haven't read it before!! I say with chagrin!  What a super book!!  

I woke up this morning at 0640 too tired to get moving for the meeting at 0730 so I crawled back into bed.  I feel very flexible with myself regarding Sundays.  I'd love to wake up and go go go go go go, hit up the meeting, then church, then a workout.  At the same time, I love to slowly wake up, listen to Will Shortz the Puzzlemaster and the morning round-up of news, make a latte, and be leisurely.  More often on Sundays, I feel this leisurely being is my special spiritual practice.  It feeds me, and helps bring me into focus for the week ahead.  I am so spiritually fed by meetings and church.  I love these activities and blessed when they happen in my day!  Today, though, I'm feeling very flexible and allowing the day to unfold as it may.  

I have some chores I'd like to get done, mainly the sheets changed and laundry, then I work a few hours this afternoon with Ella & Alder.  There is such a blessing to being in school and being self-employed.  I set my own schedule and at times it can be stressful! I can go to that fear place that I won't have enough or be provided for!  I've found it essential in this self-employment journey I'm on to have faith and trust in God at the same time. I just don't even want to think about what it would be like if I didn't trust God has my best life in store.  

I have an exam on Thursday, covering cardiac content:  EKG rhythms and strips, the anatomy & physiology of the heart, signs and symptoms of the critically impaired cardiac client, and the disease processes of myocardial infarction, cardiogenic shock, cardiac tamponade, & sudden cardiac death.  I also need to know the drug classes and functions that are used to treat these conditions.  My stress level on a 10 scale?  About a 4.  (God, you are amazing.)  

I have tomorrow off.  I need to go to the Computer Lab on campus and complete the EKG rhythm review.  Then, I have the afternoon to study and get things done.  I am just absolutely adoring the mellow calm that has set in!! It is fabulous!  

Oh! One last special thing in this huge update:  It's for sure!  I am heading back to Switzerland this summer!  Details are not confirmed but it is a definite and my fear level is high high high!  (YIKES!---not about the travel or the experience, but about my living situation and financial situation; Noriko, my roommate, must find a job within 60 days of graduation due to her visa and if that doesn't happen here, she's outta here!  GASP!!  To think of living without her----eeeeeeeeeeeeek!  And, to not have the promise of a financial aid check waiting on me upon return is stressful.)  It helps for me to get my fears out there---The more I can become aware of them, the more I can accept them, and have God just take them away!  (Or at least help me see how little I can do about them right now.)  

(Isn't it funny at the beginning of this post I said I didn't really have a lot to say?)  
Hilarious, I know. 

I hope your Sunday is as special and lovely as mine is shaping to be.  
xox


No comments: