Wednesday, January 20, 2010

We Pause...And Ask

From today's Daily Reflections
I have nothing else to add except to say AWESOME., perfect, just so very well said. 

As we go through the day we pause, when agitated or doubtful, and ask for the right thought or action.ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p.87
Today I humbly ask my Higher Power for the grace to find the space between my impulse and my action; to let flow a cooling breeze when I would respond with heat; to interrupt fierceness with gentle peace; to accept the moment which allows judgment to become discernment; to defer to silence when my tongue would rush to attack or defend. I promise to watch for every opportunity to turn toward my Higher Power for guidance. I know where this power is: it resides within me, as clear as a mountain brook, hidden in the hills – it is the unsuspected Inner Resource. I thank my Higher Power for this world of light and truth I see when I allow it to direct my vision. I trust it today and hope it trusts me to make all effort to find the right thought or action today.

1 comment:

Charlsie said...

Wow. That's a tremendous prayer. Kind of goes right along with what my dad always taught me, "Think before you speak!" Thanks for the reminder Layla... :)