Wednesday, March 03, 2010

proof.

God must have gone to nursing school and gone through all the positive stress of graduation, eventual Switzerland travel, depleting savings accounts, licensure exams, finals, intern shifts in the early morning hours, and the big uncertain of life to come.

I say this because these were some of the words in the March 2 Daily Reflections:

Too many times discouragement has been the bonus for unrealistic expectations, not to mention self-pity or fatigue from my wanting to change the world by the weekend. Discouragement is a warning signal that I may have wandered across the God line. The secret of fulfilling my potential is in acknowledging my limitations and believing that time is a gift, not a threat.
Hope is the key that unlocks the door of discouragement.
Having come to believe that I keep what I share, every time I encourage, I receive courage. 
I trudge the road of happy destiny. May I always remember that the power within me is far greater than any fear before me. May I always have patience, for I am on the right road.

I'm grateful for these words, to reflect on them from yesterday's reading and be overcome with calm at the adventure ahead of me.  I'm grateful for evening walks with a darling friend, a friend levelheaded and able to listen and hear me completely; she lets me listen and hear her completely, too.  I'm grateful for such hard and deep sleep that when I awake at 0720, I smile, stretch and feel such joy at a night of awesome rest.  I'm grateful for the day ahead--the eventual latte I'll make, the nourishing food I'll take in, the kiddos I adore whom I get to spend time with, and the afternoon of studying I have ahead.

It's amazing what nine hours of sleep can do for one's outlook, that combined with a successful exam score, completion of assignments, and some outside exercise.  All is really good in this moment.  I have hope.



1 comment:

Danielle said...

Hi sweet Layla. Thought you'd like this link:

http://galadarling.com/article/how-to-practice-major-mega-supreme-body-love-daily

I definitely enjoyed it.
All my love,
Danielle
xo