Well, Blogland.I've been attacked by the cosmic force that is Whirlwind Romance.
I've met a man.
I haven't really just met him; I've known him since May 2001.
He was one of the first people I met here in Prescott. For blog purposes I'm going to call him Nate.
Because that's his name.
My Nate light turned on Friday morning at 1215. He strolled into the grossest bar in town while the entourage was dancing the dance for Leta's 40th birthday.
|wahooo! Leta's 40 and it's time to get DOWN.|
|Leta, Tina & Layla. Fabulous Dancing Buds.|
|I think this is where I become excited like a four-year-old and jump up and down with glee.|
|Ohmygoodness, this picture says it all!|
|Leta, Layla, Kate & Claire in the background. We bring it to the Sundance's.|
|The Dancefloor Tina Sammy|
|How much do I love my Dancing Dolphin Birthday Friend? |
It's hard to describe so picture me standing so tall, arms so high, mouth open soooo big! That's how much!
|And, this. is. Nate. Getting his booty on with Sweet Leta. He & I proceeded to dance together for the next two hours.|
- I'd like a man that has a spiritual life, and seeks knowledge, force, and power outside himself, preferably to a force that is bigger than he is.
- I'd like him not to smoke cigarettes or abuse substances.
- I would love a man that enjoys dancing.
- I think a man that values being healthy and moving his physical body would be awesome.
- It would be really super if this man, this potential partner, would be intelligent, focused and determined. I want a man I respect.
- I want a man that wants a family: I'd love it if he wants to get married, have kiddos, and value a vested partnership. It would be awesome, if this partner, would do those things with me. ;)
- (There's some other stuff I'd really like in a man that I think might be too candid for this public forum).
- I want a man with confidence. I want a man with assurance that I won't be the source for his happiness, I will only add to his happiness (naturally) and he is in charge of his own joy.
- You know, I'd really like it if he is tall, with a great laugh, soft skin, kissable lips, a great head of hair. The vanity stuff. I like a man's hands.
So, that's my list. I ponder that list sometimes; add things to it sometimes, and really think, good grief, Layla; you're a picky girl. All this stuff? Really??? Yes. Really. These are my heart's desires.
Well, you know. The God force is funny, I've always said. I didn't anticipate my list to be satisfied now. And, I've heard often that 'it happens when we least expect it,' and 'most often when we're not looking for it.'
The next four weeks are the busiest of my school career. I have still 79 more hours of interning to do, 36 hours of clinical to do for my Psych Nursing class, a huge Care Plan paper for those 36 hours, a teaching project for my internship, a presentation on Nursing Communication & Interpersonal Relationships for my Management class, three more exams (50 questions each), two finals (100 questions each), a Pre NCLEX Exam on Management (55 questions), and the HESI, which is an acronym for what? I cannot remember at this time but it's 190 questions of nursing amazingness that is a barometer for how well I will do on NCLEX. It's a big deal. The next four weeks are a big deal.
The best time for a romance?
God thinks so.
|Layla, Leta & Nate. Rockin Leta's 40th.|
|Nate & Leta showing off the moves.|
|I keep up with the moves of the Nate. Kate's intense.|
|Nate & Joey. More Dance Fantasticness.|
|I think this is where we discuss what happens between Nate & Layla since there is 450 miles between them. I like a man who talks with his hands. There is something quite charming about expressiveness.|
|This is where we cheese it out.|
|This is where the romance really happened.|
|And, this is the kiss Mark D was looking for with all those other shots.|
So, Nate. Welcome to my world. It's going to busy these next few weeks, and I cannot express my excitement well enough other than to say you're right, "This is only the beginning." I wasn't looking for you. I didn't anticipate this weekend to take me out of my routine so completely. You've taken me fully into the adventure that is a new romance. You're a man that, so far, has surprised me with all the 'internal list' check-off's I've been able to make. Nate, you've added things to my list of what I wanted without my knowing; you've completely upped the ante, so to speak, and made me a pickier woman. It's been a whirlwind, I've been hit over the head, and I'm beyond thrilled at what's in store for us.