Monday, March 15, 2010

certainty.

In my exasperated exhaustion I talked with Nate yesterday.  He was quietly listening while I was crying and griping.  He said, You know what you need to do.  I sniveled, Yeah.  He said, Okay, I'll talk to you later.  

I knew I needed to get quiet and prayerful with God last night.  He reminded me of this and supported me in this.

A guy.
I'm dating.
Propelled me toward my higher power in support of me getting quiet.  He encouraged and supported me to seek solace and comfort in a force that wasn't him; in so doing, he supported me in taking care of myself the best way I know how.

Wow.

Later, I got a text from Nate.  This was it:
Guide my hand, God, when I am too weary to lift it.  Raise my head when I tire from working and sleep wants to take me.  You are my heart beat when I am in need and so I am now.  Take these burdens and bring your joy into my body and my mind.  Love me, God, when I suffer from self-doubt.  And, take me, if even for a moment, into you; let me gain strength to go into this night.  So I may heal others with clarity and power.  Let it Be.  
I am so blessed by this man.   I'm blessed God found it fit to combine us together in this geographically undesirable situation with communication so guided and fun.  I'm blessed in this moment.  And so certain.

3 comments:

Charlsie said...

My heart just melted.


(Hey, my word verification was "natersh"... coincidence? ha!)

Beth P said...

wonderful! it's an amazing prayer.

Layla said...

he's a quality man, lemme tell ya.
i feel really blessed God has found it fit to combine us at this time.

i didn't know it was possible to be spiritually uplifted by a male partner.
*awestruck!*

love to you, ladies..