Wednesday, June 16, 2010

we're little love balls connecting with each other.

I leave in a few minutes for a much anticipated hang out sesh hike with the Birthday Friend, Becky.  I'm very excited for some serious outside time today and a chance to have one-on-one time with my Darling.  I am going through some stuff and noticing about myself that I'm keeping 'the stuff' at a distance.  I'm putting off looking at it all and feeling it all because I just don't want to. Mad Men is much more entertaining (I just finished Season Two--WATCH THIS SHOW!)

I have putting my relationship with God off.  I've been neglecting the Spiritual Connectedness that fuels me.
I'm aware of it.

I read this today and it helped me feel excited to get on my knees to connect again.  It really is the little things:
Today's Daily Reflections:

We have found that God does not make too hard terms with those who seek Him. To us, the realm of spirit is broad, roomy, all inclusive, never exclusive or forbidding to those who earnestly seek. It is open, we believe, to all men. AS BILL SEES IT, p. 7
Open-mindedness to concepts of a Higher Power can open doors to the spirit. Often I find the human spirit in various dogmas and faiths. I can be spiritual in the sharing of myself. The sharing of self joins me to the human race and brings me closer to God, as I understand Him.


I need not fear God and I need only rely on God.  My humanity gets in the way of such simplicity.  Being with a friend who shares similar spiritual connectivity and a big, wide Arizona sky will help me process the 'stuff' I have swirling about in my head.  I'm grateful God doesn't give up on me.

No comments: